The kitchen is one of the most favourite places in the apartment, so its arrangement plays an important role in creating a comfortable atmosphere in the house. Today, many different types of ceiling finishes are used – from whitewashing to tiling. But in recent years, new methods of roof mounting have become increasingly popular. One of them is the suspended ceiling in the kitchen, which is an excellent alternative to the old repair methods. Why are more and more modern kitchen owners choosing it? Let’s find out. The best suspended ceilings have variety of false ceilings for the kitchen.
What is the use of false ceilings in the kitchen?
- The feasibility of using a false ceiling in the kitchen is due to several advantages: it looks neat and beautiful, helps to hide all the flaws and defects of the old ceiling.
- In this case, it is not necessary to prepare the surface for its installation (it is not necessary to remove the cracks, swelling, roughness and roughness of the main ceiling) and this makes the installation of the roof less labour-intensive.
- It allows you to hide many passive communication systems in the kitchen like wires, pipes, fire and ventilation systems. The design of the suspended ceiling allows you to arrange the decorative elements in such a way that there is enough space for the necessary communications.
- The distance between the new ceiling design and the old ceiling is convenient for placing the lighting elements in it. Since the kitchen is divided into two main areas – eating and cooking, it is desirable to provide a separate system of lamps in each of them.
- For example, a series of halogen lamps are usually placed above the countertop, and a recessed lamp is hung above the common tabletop.
- As a result of the cooking processes occurring in the kitchen, a lot of steam is generated, and increased requirements for moisture resistance are imposed on ceiling panels.
- False ceilings tolerate moisture. Even if the apartment has a non-standard design and there are many eaves and niches on the walls, it will not be difficult to install a false ceiling.
- If necessary, the suspended ceiling can be dismantled and moved to another room for re-installation. If any part of the roof is damaged, it is easy to replace with a new one and you do not need to dismantle the entire roof. Due to the special design of the roof, it is sufficient to remove only the damaged element.
- As you know, in the kitchen when cooking, soot is formed, and small particles of fat are sprayed, which over time will stick to dust. This means that the ceiling surface must be washed from time to time with various grease dissolving agents.
- Therefore, mineral fibre and drywall ceilings, which are well suited for living rooms and hallways, are unreasonable for use in the kitchen. In addition, it is very difficult to perform wet cleaning; under the influence of steam, the panels can also deform, and gradually lose their attractive appearance.
- The most suitable options for the kitchen are rack and strip ceilings. The main elements of a false ceiling installed in the kitchen are, as a rule, bars. These are ordinary rectangular or square panels. But today, suspended ceilings of the rack type are no less popular.
- It is made of aluminium or steel. Both slats and straps have a durable coating and can last from 10 to 25 years, while maintaining their appeal without losing relevance.
- As for the design, the surface of the suspended ceiling can be decorated in one colour or painted in several colours – it all depends on the wishes of the owner.
- It can be solid or perforated. Due to its special resistance, the surface of suspended ceilings does not fade in the sun, so there is no need to regularly update the decorative coating. This is exactly what determines the popularity and demand for aluminium and steel cleft ceilings in kitchen decoration.
- The surface of the concealed suspension system is almost smooth and homogeneous, and the visual suspension system allows you to decorate the decorative ceiling further.
- The support net may differ in colour from the panels, and this makes it possible to create an original style, emphasizing the individuality of the kitchen.
- The visual elements of the suspended ceiling with chrome finish, for example, look amazing with the same knobs of kitchen furniture set, household appliances and electrical appliances.
- You can also dream about the colour of the ceiling, because it does not have to be monophonic. Its surface will become more attractive, bright and comfortable, for example, if the panels are two-tone overlapping or alternate multi-coloured stripes in the ceiling of the rack.
- In rack-type ceilings, elements are fixed to the frames (metal strips with protrusions) that perform the function of a rack. In kitchens with high ceilings, open slats are often used, which are installed close to each other. By combining it with colour inserts, you can create various design solutions.
- The illusion of a smooth ceiling helps to create slats with inserts made of aluminium tape. It is only 0.5mm thick, but it can withstand all loads. The special arrangement of the bars guarantees the safety and reliability of the structure, which is very important for apartment buildings. Rods have a length of 3-4 m and a width of 90-150 mm.
Having questions about false ceiling for kitchen? Our team receives special training to ensure that you are receiving all the information. For all your doubts we are here to help. Get free consultation from our team.
Assortment of false ceilings for the kitchen
False ceilings in the kitchen, photos of which are presented in our article, and on the Internet, you can find them in large numbers, are without a doubt an excellent solution. After all, it is important that the kitchen is not only beautiful, but also functional. A wide range of elements and panels with suspended ceilings makes it possible to adhere to the desired style and design.
The multi-level ceiling is very popular today. It saves space (after all, whatever the saying, the suspended ceiling “steals” several centimetres in height), in addition, it can be used to divide the kitchen into zones. And the installation of lighting in any colour on the multi-level ceiling will also emphasize the individuality of the kitchen and create an appropriate atmosphere during meals.
The range of suspended ceilings offered today, including the kitchen, is massive. Many manufacturers produce various designs, materials and types of tires. You can choose a ready-made author version, or you can use the services of a designer. Undoubtedly, the suspended ceiling in the kitchen is an original option for modern repairs. Their durability and ease of use will save money, and a large selection of colours allows you to choose any ceiling design you like. Decisive factors when choosing a false ceiling for finishing the kitchen are such characteristics as functionality, safety and high quality.