What is a compound wall construction?
A wall is constructed at a limited height to separate a section or to keep boundaries for the plot is known as the compound wall construction. Various types of compound walls found in the building and it’s based on appearance and construction materials.
The important purpose of a masonry compound wall is to enhance elegance look, security, and privacy for a building. It will arrange the proper segmentation of your property.
How do you build a compound wall?
- Bricks, steel, and cement mortar are the major components for compound wall construction.
- The compound wall is built 2ft below ground level to provide anchorage to the wall.
- The height of the compound wall is normally built among 5-6 ft and thickness may vary as per requirement.
- Once excavation work is completed, PCC is provided to develop an even surface on which the compound wall will be placed.
- Rubble masonry is arranged under the brick wall to distribute the load of the structure constructed above.
- Over rubble masonry, RCC is formed for making the surface smooth as well as distribute loads of the compound wall to the substructure.
- Over RCC, Masonry compound wall is built up with Red clay bricks / fly ash bricks.
- Once the curing of this compound wall is completed, cement plaster is done on both the sides of the compound wall and paint is used.
- To apply the elegant look for the compound wall, design can be included in with the plaster.
Having questions in construction process? Our team receives special training to ensure that you are receiving all the information. For all your doubts we are here to help. Get free consultation from our team.